Sunday, May 3, 2009

A GREAT WEEKEND!

What a great weekend! Friday I went grocery shopping, by myself. That never happens and I was able to browse for a few things that I needed to investigate. It was wonderful. Plus it took half of the time it normally does when I take all of my little darlings! My parents came over and spent the night so they could help us in the morning.

Saturday Mark and Emiko, their kids, Will, myself, the girls, my dad, the sheepherder, and a neighbor boy docked lambs. It was great! It went so, so fast and smooth. We got the majority of the herd done in one day, not only one day, about three hours! Thank you, Thank you! We came in cooked lunch and just hung out. That night we went for a ride on the mountain. Will is famous for leaving the truck on empty. Well, this time it was my fault. I left the truck on empty. We got half way up the mountain and the fuel light came on. We continued. We got to the upper reservoir. Will and the girls ran around, threw snowballs at each other, yes we were all wearing Capri's. On the way home we let the girls out so they could ride their bikes home the last three or so miles. We had fun and didn't run out of gas.

Today we did some cleaning, homework, made a great dinner, and played with horses. This weekend they are taking the cows on the mountain and needed to put shoes on the horses. Ashley rode her horse for a while and Aly worked on just trusting her horse, poor girl. They didn't get to far, but they got a good start. I have got to start getting my homework done at nights during the week so that I can hang out on weekends. Spend my time cleaning, with the kids, riding 4-wheelers, horses, etc.

I am loving the rain we had this weekend and spring in general!!!

3 comments:

StubbsFamily said...

Nice blog! We are going home this weekend, maybe we will get to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey, doesn't the sheepherder have a name?

Talbots said...

I can't post that on here...especially the one's that Will calls him.