I took last week off from work, although I wouldn't call it a vacation. Monday after a few errands we met up with the Crane's at the ranch for some of Grandpa's dutch oven cooking. I have to say the cobbler was my favorite.

Ainsley,
Adri, Kendal, and
Aiden. This was the prep table and close to the food. They were starving and didn't go to far from here until after they ate.

Ashley's cup has a lizard in it, you can see a leg if you look close. The kids love to catch lizards and pack them around while we are there.

It took
Aly a while to warm up to the lizards. About 20 minutes before we left she finally held one and then wanted to take it home. I think at one time the kids had 6-7 lizards.

Tuesday and Wednesday we went to Boondocks and the Zoo. We were supposed to go to Lagoon, but they weren't open. The hotel sold me a Lagoon package that morning and after we got checked in we found out they weren't open during the week yet, weekends only! The kids were really disappointed. I am sure we will make it again later in the summer. This pic is Ashley at the zoo. We rode the train and touched some pretty weird stuff. I had never been before, so it was fun. The kids loved it!
Thursday I baled hay with my dad and Mark. Friday I went with my SIL to Salt Lake and came home late that night. The kids played in Nephi at Aunt Laura's. They always have a blast when they go up there. We can't wait to go back for the Ute Stampede.
Saturday I worked in the yard and mowed the lawn. That afternoon we went fishing. The kids all caught at least one. Ashley caught three! She was really proud of her pole. It was funny to hear the kids talk about how her pole was the one catching all the fish. It had nothing to do with the location or the bait. It's all in the pole, the red pole in case you weren't catching anything with the pole you own. Yours is probably the wrong color.
Sunday...Cleaning and relaxing. We changed sprinklers and ran the wheel line into the fence. Don't ask me how. It all is a mystery to me.
I am glad that summer is here (wish the weather would get above 50). I am also glad to be back to work and have life back to normal. I got up early this morning and came to work, EARLY!
No comments:
Post a Comment