The weekend of the 19th we went to Fish Lake for the weekends and stayed in a cabin at Lakeside. I was so excited and looking forward to the weekend. Mark was on patrol that weekend up there and his family stayed with him at the Forest Service cabin. The first night we got together and roasted hot dogs. The kids rode bikes and had a blast. April, Judd, Aly, and Ash rode their bikes from the FS cabin to our cabin. We played for a while and then about dark I walked with them to ride their bikes back. Saturday it rained off and on the entire day. We had a pontoon rental that day. Although it wasn't great boating weather, we did take it out about three times. Mace and his girls, Mike and his family all came up to hang out for the day and have dinner. We had a lot of fun on the pontoon, riding bikes, playing catch, feeding the squirrels, etc. Mike and I decided that it would be worth it to get a bigger cabin and have everyone stay the weekend, so I think this will be in the plans for next summer (hopefully the weather will cooperate then).
The next weekend the girls finished their swimming lessons (and passed!) and went to stay the weekend in Springville with Lacy. They had a lot of fun and were able to see a lot of their cousins and play. They played so hard it really wore the out. They spent time at the park and Heidi's house. Thanks Aunt Lacy for letting them come and stay. Instead of enjoying time without children, we moved our sheep from the Parker mountain to the Langdon. Those were a long couple of days. I honestly can't wait until October when we sell the lambs and this awful year with the sheep will be just a memory. The sad thing is that Will more excited than I am.
Friday, July 3rd, we went swimming in Salina with April, Judd, Larry, and Ayden. We met Alissa and Adri with their cousins from Colorado and played until I have a beautiful sunburn on my legs. I had been wanting to get them in some sunshine for so long, I forgot to take it easy. That night Will came over and we went to hang out at Mike and Lisa's. We had a great dinner and got to catch up with a lot of friends and hang out. We even spent a little time at the street dance. This is only the second time I have ever been there (the first time sucked). I was bummed when Will had to leave to come home and I think he was too. Will enjoyed himself as much as i did. When he left me at my moms house I felt like a teenager that had to make curfew.
The 4th was nice and quiet. Mace and his girls met us at the games in Salina that morning. We didn't stay too long. We went back to moms, prepared lunch, and hung out in the shade, while the kids played on the slip and slide. We went to the parade that afternoon and the rodeo that evening. Will had a really long day herding cows, but he did make it in time for the rodeo. I know that he wanted to come over earlier and spend some time with us, but it didn't work out that way. We made it home at midnight.
Today we were able to visit with Lacy and Cody before they left to go home. Poor Tessa wanted to stay. Katie and Don blessed Kaylee today and we went to the luncheon. We chatted with family and friends and ate yummy food! Today I am also trying to catch up on rest and homework. This weekend, UTE STAMPEDE! I can't wait for Thursday and yet tomorrow is coming way to soon!
2 comments:
hope your 4th was great, I thought of you and all the races and games. actually, I REALLT thought of you when it was raining in Wayne County and the parade was going on in Salina! I was hoping you weren't all getting wet!
We didn't get wet at all. The weather was perfect. I am surprised it wasn't toasty in Wayne. Glad you got the rain and not us, we were outside all day.
Post a Comment