Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Queen Contest and little more...

This past Saturday the girls competed in the queen contest down in Piute County. It was so much fun getting them ready and practicing. They have grown so much and come along way in their riding. We came home from the Talbot Family reunion early Saturday morning and used every minute getting ready.


The girls did really well. Ainsley is little miss charmer and won Queen in her age group. Alysen won 2nd attendant in her division and Ashley didn't place this year. We stuck Ashley on a horse that was fresh out of the meadow. She hadn't practice on or even rode the horse for some time. Will and I are feeling really guilty for that. That night when we got home she got on the horse and went out back by herself. I was watching her from the back porch and noticed her loping around. I walked out and heard her tell my father in law "see grandpa, I told you I could do it." It just about broke my heart. She practiced really hard and had come so far.
Notice Ainsley's little stance. She cracks us up. She was so excited just to wear a little make0up, paint her finger nails, and ride a horse. Everything after that was just a bonus for her.

I haven't been back to the doctor yet. He has been on vacation and so things are behind. My next appointment is on the 14th of July. That will be the day we schedule the ultrasound. I am pretty excited. I have decided that I want to know what it is. My husband is still trying to convince me to wait and let it be a surprise. It will just as much a surprise in July as it will be in December.
I am still brain dead.
I spent almost 10 minutes looking for my cell phone the other night...while I was on it.
I used my blinker turning out of my driveway...in Greenwich.
I could go on and on and on...
My sister-in-law has laughed at me every time we talk because I am so out of it. Katie could write a comic book about me. Glad I am such great entertainment:)))
Will is farming, herding sheep, and working. We are planning a trip to Nephi for the Ute Stampede. I can't wait! My family and I love spending time there. My kids are excited go stay with Aunt Laura and Allynne.
The girls are finishing round 1 of swimming lessons tomorrow. They are having a blast in Salina and not so sure if they want to come home. Aly has met a few new friends that live really close to my mom's. Ashley has a friend across the street and Ainsley is just excited to spend time with Adri and Alissa. They love being with my mom and dad.
Perfect example: Tonight they are bowling.
I am excited to spend the 4th in Salina with half my fam. It will be relaxing and great. I have some fun stuff planned, so hopefully we won't get so caught up in relaxing that we are too lazy to get things out.

2 comments:

Sheridy said...

Your kids have so much fun! My poor kids are stuck in doors a lot. Wish I could just send my boy out to hand with your girls. He would love it, riding horses and all that fun stuff. He dresses up in his full cowboy gear with no where to to and with no work to accomplish. Have a great time at the rodeo! Wish we were there.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Mindy, your cell phone incident made me laugh so hard! Oh the joys of being pregnant!! Good luck!