Monday, October 25, 2010

Deer Hunt 2010

We have had sooo much excitement at our house tonight. First off, this is Alysen's first year being able to go hunting with her dad and her uncle's. She has some great stories to tell, number one being that she spots everything and her dad and uncle's couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. They need to take this hunting stuff more seriously!










This is the trophy for the year! Will called tonight so excited. He wanted all of us to bring the truck out to get his buck. I think he really just couldn't get a hold of his dad and need me to go find him. He was so excited that I couldn't understand him. We loaded up and headed along the eastside. Good thing we had Tom, there was no way that I could help Will lift it and well, to be honest, Will couldn't do it alone...





They got the deer back up to the truck and we headed home. This post is mostly for our family that we got all rallied up for the buck!!! Ok I am kidding, that is not the deer Will shot...





I just posted that picture for Gary and Josh. That buck belongs to one of them and I knew they would be missing it. Plus I wanted to rub it in when they got a look at this one...





I am pretty sure that Will's permagrin is missing because he was trying to get the right position and I just took the picture. But take my word for it, there is a permagrin. Tom is estimating that it will last a year.



I don't really know how big it is...seriously...I spend my hunts in better places doing better things like shopping!

1 comment:

Blackburns said...

And that baby will be hanging on your front room wall. Good job Will! Atleast I don't have to worry about it hanging on my wall! :)