Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lesson Learned

So the Parowan, Sheep, David Burton ordeal is over with. Will is such a worrier, that he wasn't eating or sleeping (you wish you responded to stress the same way? Me too, just think of how skinny I would be and how much I would get done). Anyway, Friday night we decided we were done, it was just too much. It wasn't worth giving one red cent to the crooked bastard, so it was better to not take any at all!

That next day I expected something to happen, a phone call, a visitor, a semi, something. By noon, nothing. Will came in and we decided that i should call. Just my luck, an answering machine. So I left the message. Nothing the rest of the day.

By Sunday at 8:00 AM we had not heard or seen anything. So I called him. Boy wasn't he surprised by the bomb shell I dropped. How could we do that? We COULDN'T do that. Ummmm are you serious? After what you did? Sorry, but I have lots of options and I know them all. After a touch of listening him to argue, I offered to kick them out onto the highway, call the sheriff, and them stray penned. He got the picture. We hung up and he called Will.

I arranged the semi and by 6:00 PM they were gone, ever last one of them.

So lessons learned:
1. Listen to your gut (especially when it's screaming).
2. Sometimes its ok to act on your first impulse.
3. Watch for warning signs. If it doesn't feel right, it's not.
4. Don't let people take advantage of you. This one is for Will. He still believes that a man is good for his word.
5. Get things in writing BEFORE you incur one cent of expense. I am sure that we will have to learn this one again. As I said before, Will still believes that people are good for their word.
6. Pregnant women are bitchy...approach with caution. It might have something to do with the fourth child.
7. It's ok to call your connections and feel things out before you make any business decisions. Even if they are in the same industry and your working with their competition. True friends won't steer you wrong.
8. I can't remember, guess we will have to learn that one again too! My brain is so forgetful these days.

We're glad it's over, time to move on and accomplish what we set out to do in the beginning.

No comments: