Wednesday, August 19, 2009

See... I told you I had pictures!

The first of June I took the girls for a couple of days to SLC. This first picture is in the bumper boats at Boondocks. Lagoon hadn't opened yet so we improvised!


We won a 2 night stay in a cabin at Fish Lake with a pontoon rental. It was cold an rainy, but we had a TON of fun anyway. Mark and Emiko were staying at the Forest Service cabin because Mark was on duty so their family was there. Mike and Lisa brought the girls up to hang out for the day and Mace surprised us with his girls for the day. Amanda was on bed rest, so she got left at home.



Will spent most of his summer herding sheep. This year has been hell with the sheep herd and the herder. I can't wait to terminate his contract:)))). This Will (with his 6 AM coffee) on the Parker mountain moving the sheep to the Monroe.

The girls did the Piute County Rodeo Queen contest again. We didn't practice because they spent the summer in Salina swimming. For not practicing they did pretty good. Thanks to Georgi and the rest of the fairboard we had a lot of fun doing the fair. Hunter Fauntin won the Queen contest for the older girls and did a fun quilting service project with the girls the week of the fair. The girls loved being included and hanging out with the "big girls".



The weekend of the 24th we went camping with my family at Sheep Creek above Gooseberry. We had a BLAST!!! I have never laughed so hard. The kids played the entire weekend in this creek near by our camp site. It is nice to have kids old enough they can run off by themselves. We did take them on a hike and the guys took some of them bugling for elk.



The tread came off the tire of Will's truck. This is the end result, mind you the tire is still full of air because only the tread came off. We must be needing to keep Jorgenson's in business because while the truck was in getting fixed, I hit a deer in my car. Yeah, on my way home from shopping for school clothes in Park City. My tiny little damage...$1200, Will's major damage...$3,400. I will pick up the truck tomorrow and drop off my car. Will has been driving the 4-wheeler out to the sheep herd, it's and hour from our house and cold...




More fair pictures. This was before the parade.




See...I told you I had pictures.

5 comments:

The Lewy's said...

looks like you had an eventful summer! When Madi woke up this morning, she said, "the best part of going back to school, is that I get to see Aly again!"
Too bad this mom is a friend slacker huh!

The Lewy's said...

and by the way...I just now figured out what you meant by typing poofleck!!! I read it like 20 times thinking I was challenged or something! Obviously you took that off of your security requirements :)

Rachel said...

cute cute cowgirls
their little banners across their chests are so stinking cute

sorry about the deer by the way

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Allison-We were huge friend slackers this summer. They were in Salina most of the summer. This year they will have to play a lot and make up for it!
-Mindy

The Lierd's said...

hey girl! it was so nice to see you last weekend! you are always so fun to talk to and such an inspiration for me to finish my master's program!!! hope to see you soon! your girls are so dang cute!!!