Sunday, April 19, 2009

2 down...5 to go

So after taking forever to clean my kitchen, I decided to only offer the privilege of spring cleaning to the upstairs of my home:(. As Will puts it, only clean where people see. Well I am doing a few more rooms and areas than that, but the basement can wait. With homework and chasing kids I thought I would be farther a long than I am right now and trust me it has taken many late nights to get to here. I have until the end of April to see what I can accomplish and then it is on to weekend craziness.

I have made a goal to spend a lot of time taking the kids out to do things this summer. We are going to experience everything we can! The first weekend we are docking lambs, not a part of my plan, but a part of Will's. The second weekend I was going to take off to St. George alone! But, I think that I will find warmth in Capitol Reef, hiking with the girls. I need a trip to Provo/Orem, so that will be happening probably on a Friday. The girls need a few things and I need to hit Costco. This summer is filled with fun trips and a lot of day trips to areas near by. So if anyone has any fun places to visit within a couple hours of here, let me know!

Alysen is counting down the school days. I think that on Friday she said there were 29. She is in a bad habit of playing jokes on her grandparents. I don't know where she gets it from...She gets with Ashley and they conspire.

Ashley is preparing for a dance recital this week. I can't wait until dance is over! I love dance, she loves dance, I hate remembering to pick her up. I forget, a lot! If it wasn't for Rayne, she would get left a lot. I usually get home between 4:30-5:00 on Wednesdays, drive right by dance, get home and Aly reminds me about Ash. Back up the highway...

Ainsley...is spoiled rotten. If you ask her or tell her to do anything...well lets just say she spends a lot of time in time out. I hope it soon gets better...

Will is about done lambing! YEAH! I can't wait until them little woolly bastards are headed down the road to the mountain. This year has been the worst lambing experience ever, I think last year was the best. He is so angry and ornery all the time. I am so excited that he goes back to work tomorrow! I think he is having withdraws from Cory, Travis, and Cody. Maybe its the fact he has spent the last three weeks in our yard, in this miserable weather, staring at dead sheep everywhere! The weather hasn't been gentle on him at all.

Last night he came in, get ready, we're going to dinner. That would be great for most women, not for me. I had spent all day scrubbing in the kitchen and then a couple of hours chasing the sheep over to the field. Lambs are a pain in the ass! I am not sure what which was worst: The lambs that wouldn't follow, the ewes that wouldn't wait, the sheep herder that only wanted to heard everything that would go (basically from the middle of the herd, screw the lambs and sheep behind him that wouldn't go because of him), Ainsley...(need i say more), etc. You get the picture, it was great! I was totally pulling for a quiet dinner at home so that I could recover the cleaning hours that I lost herding sheep, didn't happen. Oh well, we took the girls and they had fun.

The girlies and I are loving the house being clean and I am loving my new blinds. If you have ever thought about visiting my house, do so now! It is looking great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for some reason I love it when people use the word bastard, it makes me giggle
thanks for giggle
We will be there tomorrow at noon to see your clean clean clean house! And new blinds. I need some of those. I will talk to you about that - remind me.
sorry lambing season is so rotten this time around. but you said it is almost over . . . . thank goodness.

rachel